Empowering the Youth of Virginia to
Choose Not to Use Tobacco Products
Proposals in response to RFP #852P008 are due to VTSF by March 20, 2007. See this Powerpoint Presentation for eligibility questions and other details.
Fake Watches – Authentic Quality Replica Watches at Affordable Prices
Youth tobacco use is a large concern for healthcare professionals, educators, researchers, parents and caregivers, and others concerned about the health and well-being of our young people.
The mission of the Virginia Tobacco Settlement Foundation is to lead a statewide effort to reduce and prevent the use of tobacco products by youth in Virginia.
The Foundation’s mission is an important one, especially considering these startling facts:
- More than 80% of adult smokers started smoking before the age of 18.
- One of every three children who try smoking a cigarette become regular smokers before leaving high school.
- More than 45 Virginia kids begin smoking each day, for a total of 16,500 per year.
- 134,000 Virginia kids alive today will die early from smoking.
- Blog topic: The Impact of Secondhand Smoking and How to Avoid ItIntroduction: What is Secondhand Smoking and How Does it Affect Your Health? Smoking is a dangerous habit that can have serious health consequences for both the smoker and those around them. In order to protect your health, it is important to avoid smokers and places where smoking is allowed. Not only does secondhand smoke contain […]
- 20 Surprising Facts About the Human Brain That Will Make You Smarter1. The human brain is one of the most complex and impressive machines in the world. The human brain is three times the size of a chimpanzee’s brain. The human brain is incredibly powerful. It is composed of over 100 billion neurons and can process over 100 billion instructions per second. The human brain is […]
- 3 helpful tips to lessen the severity of withdrawalIf you’ve been trying to quit smoking and are struggling with the extreme symptoms of nicotine withdrawal, there are some things you can do to ease the pain and reduce their severity. By following these three tips, you can make the transition to quitting tobacco easier and less frustrating. Find support If you’re experiencing withdrawal […]
- Virginia Tobacco Plan: How to Quit Smoking and Save ThousandsAre you looking to quit smoking and save money? The Virginia Tobacco Plan has you covered. This program provides assistance to those who want to quit smoking and significantly reduce their tobacco-related costs. The Virginia Tobacco Plan If you are considering quitting smoking, the Virginia Tobacco Plan may be a good option for you. The […]
- How to Quit Smoking and Stay StoppedQuitting smoking can be a tough task, but following these tips can help make the process easier. How to quit smoking and stay stopped: advice on how to create a quitting plan and how to stay motivated. It can be difficult to quit smoking, but with the right strategies and support, it is possible. Here […]
- The Truth About Smoking and CancerDo you know the truth about smoking and cancer? According to experts, smoking is associated with an increased risk of many types of cancer. This complex link between smoking and cancer is explained in this article. What are the health risks associated with smoking? Smoking is associated with an increased risk of many types of […]
- Quit Smoking in 7 Days or Less Without Quitting Cigarettes!Do you want to quit smoking cigarettes but don’t know how? If so, this article is for you! In just 7 days, you will learn how to successfully quit smoking cigarettes using proven methods and strategies. You won’t have to go through the pain and suffering of quitting cigarettes the traditional way- using a nicotine […]
- “How Quitting Smoking Can Save Your Life”Quitting smoking can save your life! According to research, people who stop smoking have a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and many other illnesses. Smoking-related health problems can be quite costly, topping $1 trillion annually in the United States alone. If you’re considering quitting, these tips can help get you started. How Quitting Smoking […]
- “Why quitting smoking is the best decision you’ll ever make.”If you’re thinking about quitting smoking, don’t wait any longer! The benefits of quitting smoking are vast, and can include a shorter lifespan, a reduced risk of cancer, and improved breathing and blood circulation. It may seem difficult to quit smoking, but with the right support, you can make it happen. The benefits of quitting […]